Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Baking...

Oral histories day tomorrow! So tonight, in preparation, I made brown cakes...


and also these... 8oz flour


4 oz butter...rubbed in...


3oz sugar...



dried fruit (usually I use currants)


1 egg,


maybe some milk.


rolling out


cutting...

fat rubbed into stone...


waiting and turning over (a tense moment)...

...all this for these....


Welsh Cakes! (Although I have to ask myself was it really worth it...maybe I shall find out tomorrow)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Yum! Yum!

Thu Oct 30, 05:17:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Heh heh...

Thu Oct 30, 08:50:00 pm  
Blogger Susanna said...

wow, I think I gained 5 ponds just looking at the pictures =)

Thu Oct 30, 10:52:00 pm  
Blogger crimeficreader said...

Glad you use currants. Authentic family recipe here and my gran's were renowned.

Thu Oct 30, 11:10:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Know what you mean, S - I'm I've gained more than five pounds eating those darned brownies...why? I don't even like them that much! Not exactly a health food either.

The Welsh cakes all went though, strangely so I didn't get a chance with those.

Ha, that's where I got this recipe from, CFR - my grandmother. And yes, I'd have used currants if I could (none at local shops) - and I don't always sprinkle with sugar at the end, usually, either.

Thu Oct 30, 11:21:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home