Sunday, October 19, 2008

Four Links.

Holly Tucker at the wondrous and marvellous Wonders and Marvels blog is conducting an experiment with her daughter who is in third grade (aged seven or eight, I'd guess). They want to find out how far across the world they can reach from their blog - so please go over there and say hello and tell them where you're from (It is also a really fascinating blog - all about the history of medicine).

And while I'm on the subject of linking, I've been meaning to mention that Jonathan Wonham has now relocated from Paris to Norway and has accordingly dedicated a new blog to this country called Icebus. I've read a good few posts now and love the clear impression of this country that I visited last year. There is something so evocative and strong about Jonathan's writing. It draws me right in. I'm looking forward to following it through winter.

Another relocation is Jon Turney's blog, which has transmuted from Science Books blog into Unreliable Futures. This is the subject of Jon's forthcoming book - a kind of scientific gazing into the future. Another fascinating subject, and blog.

Finally, I would like to give notice of a book tour with a difference. Just recently Tania Hershman, who lives in Israel, had her book of short stories called THE WHITE ROAD published in the UK, and I bought myself a copy because the stories were inspired by articles in the New Scientist - and a jolly good selection they are too (although I have only got through a few yet).

A week or so ago she asked me if I'd take part in her on-line book tour called Walking the White Road, so of course I agreed. It is organised by her publisher, Salt, and Tania's 'Cyclone book tour page' is here. The first stop on the tour is at this blog on Tuesday 28 October. It sounds like a very interesting venture, and I wish Tania 'Bon voyage' as she travels across the planet, leaving virtually no carbon footprint at all.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger jem said...

Thanks for the link to Icebus. Great site. Nicely precise writing. And good to be reminded of my one short visit to Oslo.

Mon Oct 20, 04:25:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Ah, you too! Been to Oslo, I mean! It's an interesting city, isn't it?

Tue Oct 21, 11:11:00 pm  
Blogger Jonathan Wonham said...

Thanks for the link Clare. You're the best!

Tue Oct 21, 11:49:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

My pleasure, Jonathan..really!

Fri Oct 24, 09:14:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home