Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Wegeners Laubsäge

I received an email from my German publisher and translator, Axel Dielmann, this morning with the proposed cover of my Wegener book. Since it is part of a series on science, much of the design is determined already; but I do very much like this photograph of a cloud descending an icy slope which is unique to the book. As Axel says, it conveys the essence of the book very well.

There is just the little matter of the spelling of my name to sort out yet, but I do like the subtitle. It says something like: 'A novel of the great continental drift, three north pole expeditions, and other smaller matters'.


Axel came across my book on the internet, and contacted me via my website - so I am very glad I have it.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Susanna said...

wow! that is beautiful

Wed Oct 22, 02:48:00 am  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

That is wonderful! Congratulations Clare!

Wed Oct 22, 10:53:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thank you!

Wed Oct 22, 01:48:00 pm  
Blogger dhamel said...

It's nice, but it's not as pretty as the copy I have!

This "Claire" issue is a problem. Melisssa has a friend named..."Claire," I think is how she spells it, and I get very confused.

Wed Oct 22, 03:09:00 pm  
Blogger aliholli said...

ditto...that`s really cool! how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 22, 10:47:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Yes, Debra, I have that trouble with the name Carol. One of my editors is called Carole with an e, and once you get used to spelling it like this it is very difficult to stop doing so!

Actually, I don't really mind that much - people often add an 'i' to mine but it really doesn't bother me.

Thanks Ali, yes, very cool (heh) - in all senses!

Wed Oct 22, 11:51:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice cover. Although with my poor german I would probably translate the main title into 'Wegeners Lamb Sausage' which I don't think is what you had in mind.

Wegener got mentioned in my mountain book the other day (Mountains of the Mind) so I finally got my act together and ordered a copy of your novel. I'm stockpiling cold books to read through the winter months - in the homeopathic hope that like treats like and they might warm me up :)

Thu Oct 23, 03:10:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Jem: Heh, 'Wegener's Lamb Sausage' - very funny, I don't think I'll be able to look at that title in the same way again. Thanks for buying my book! I hope the homeopathy works.

Fri Oct 24, 09:13:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home