Thursday, April 17, 2008

An Unfortunate Incident with Lipstick

I am going to a gala dinner in less than a fortnight and a quick google-search has revealed it is customary not only to dress up to the nines, but also to wear make-up (well, if female - although I am sure that males can too, if they wish).

Since a brief inspection of the Hodmandod make-up stash revealed items from the early eighties, I thought I'd better renew supplies. Consequently I have wasted at least fifteen minutes of my life today standing before the various make-up ranges in Tesco (yes, I am that glamorous) dabbing various lipsticks onto my hand to find one that reflects my prudish character.


Since returning home I have been trying to scrub the stuff off without success and now look like I have some particularly nasty viral infection. I think I might have to wear gloves at Chester Writers tonight.

5 Comments:

Blogger Susanna said...

great post! I love how you described your prudish nature.

Do you all have Lancome? I have always had luck with their colors and they seem to universally train their makeup people well.

I cant wait for party dress pictures. Are you going to get a new one? I loved the pic you had in your last one. You looked so carefree.

eye make up romver or rubbing alchohol should get it off

Thu Apr 17, 08:42:00 pm  
Blogger JL said...

Ha ha ha! That does indeed look like some sort of pox-related ailment...

Fri Apr 18, 03:34:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susangalique: Thanks for the tip about eye-make-up remover. It worked a treat! I Haven't tried Lancome - the one I tried began with an M and ended with a -lline and I can't remember the bit in the middle.

I'll wear a dress I bought before for something else but never wore because I thought it was too much, but am going to wear it this time. Ah, I didn't go to that last party either - I couldn't face it in the end.

JL: Yes, I was impressed with how awful it looked.

Fri Apr 18, 10:27:00 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

You'll look divine I am sure - have fun and don't chicken out on actually going this time! ;) (Photos please?)

Sat Apr 19, 12:07:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks CB, and nope, I'd better not chicken out of this one,CB - it's in Paris, part of a scientific conference!

Sat Apr 19, 04:07:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home