Thursday, December 25, 2008

Gifts from my Magi

Look what I got from Hodmandod Senior for Christmas: in this tiny clip I can store as many tracks as I can possibly need so I have no more excuses not to go to the gym (I need music to exercise). If this was my gold, then from Hodmandod Major I got some myrhh...




...an interesting and rather potent air-freshener (the china base holds aromatic oils which travel up the small piece of decorated wood rather like a solvent travels up the paper of a chromatograph);





and from Hodmandod Minor some frankincense in the form of an assortment of lotions and bath oils.






And also this - a rather splendid Dr Who mug, replete with daleks. I am looking forward to taking this out to the shed.

I have also indulged myself looking at some Life photos via the Petrona link, and now am looking forward to reading THE RINGS OF SATURN by W.G. Sebald.

So, a good day, but as I dusted the old candlesticks we only use at this time of year, it was as though my tongue was exploring the familiarity of my mouth and finding gaps and tender places where things have gone missing - and I remembered other kings, and other gifts and other Christmases.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Susanna said...

it looks like you were a very good girl this year!

Happy Boxing day!

We are watching Rosemary and Thyme. Do you know it? It is really great.

I love Dr. Who too!

I know you will probably scoff but I bought Britany Spears new Cd to work out to and its got some great work out tunes.

Sun Dec 28, 01:47:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thank you Susangalique. Same to you. I know Rosemary and Thyme - but never got round to watching it. I'm afraid. I've heard good reports, though.

And I'm definitely not scoffing about Ms Spears, honestly. I bet her stuff will be excellent for working out.

Sun Dec 28, 09:09:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I got one of those but not for xmas... http://www.plantingwords.com/2008/12/naughty-materialistic-fiona-and-her-red.html - the blue ones are very lovely too, aren't they?

Tue Dec 30, 11:15:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Hello Fiona - just trying to figure out what you meant by 'blue ones are very lovely too' and realise that maybe you mean my ipod shuffle. I was puzzled because I think of it as lilac!

Anyway, yes - everything Mac is gorgeous IMO - including your red shuffle.

Wed Dec 31, 01:23:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Looking at the photo again, I have to say it does look blue to me too - it must be the light.

Anyway, thanks for visiting!

Wed Dec 31, 01:35:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home