Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Newsbiscuit Book

I have mentioned a few times on this blog how much I love the satirical news-site, Newsbiscuit. I have been a fan from the day it started, making tiny contributions from time to time, but mainly cheering on from the side-line - so it is with great delight that I unexpectedly received the first Newsbiscuit book through the post this morning... and consequently feel the need to pose beside it in front of my computer.


Even the back is funny...


I don't even care that I've heard them before, in fact it somehow increases the pleasure.

So I now have Christmas day completely mapped out. Get up, make dinner, eat dinner and then retire to my shed to read ISLE OF WIGHT TO GET CEEFAX then maybe a little Sebald and also look at these Time Life photos mentioned on Petrona a couple of weeks ago. Perfect day. I don't really care if the world (as we know it) is about to end. Just pass me the bottle and leave me in peace.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful plan you have for Christmas.

Wed Dec 10, 11:07:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Can't wait!

Thu Dec 11, 02:46:00 pm  
Blogger Jud said...

Thanks for introducing me to Newsbiscuit. I follow The Onion in the States.

Thu Dec 11, 04:07:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

My pleasure, Jud. The New York Times said Newsbiscuit was the British version of the Onion. There is sometimes a little friendly rivalry.

Thu Dec 11, 04:12:00 pm  
Blogger Susanna said...

that sounds like a perfect day. I have a book prepared for when we get out of school for the holidays.

YOur statement reminds me of my birthday, when people asked me what I wanted I was thinking to be left alone!

Fri Dec 12, 11:25:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

I hope it's a good one, Susangalique and you enjoy it!

Yes, i think that's how I'd prefer to celebrate my birthday too - and do.

Sat Dec 13, 08:24:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home