Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Gospel According to St Delia Part II

And it came to pass that the table was laid; and crackers and glasses and napkins and rose petals were placed thereon. And it was good. The fifth hour, I think...


(but to be honest after I had ingested a fair amount of the 'blue magic bottle' I had, by this time, lost count)

but sausages and bacon rolls were spiked in all their host and gruesome pink glory in the sixth hour


and thus the turkey and all the trimmings were finished and the work ended.


And that hour blessed - the table decorations 'enhanced' with the doctor of pepper and the jar of sauce of cranberry - and the crackers pulled and champagne drunk...


...and I ceased to care about anything very much at all.

Has anyone else noticed that paper crowns are actually quite warm?

To quote the great Raymond Briggs - a very merry bloomin' Christmas to you all...

7 Comments:

Blogger aliholli said...

a very merry bloomin christmas to you too, I`m glad someone else had as many sprouts as me... clare I counted about 15 on your plate!looked delicious! aerobics here we come... ali

Tue Dec 25, 11:44:00 pm  
Blogger Anne S said...

Ugh sprouts - my least favourite vegetable.

No sprouts for our Christmas dinner, but lots of delicious food like turkey, pork and a giant schnapper caught by my brother last week.

It was a warm sunny day down here in the antipodes so we could loll around outside for most of the afternoon.

Glad you had a good Christmas Clare - looks fun.

Wed Dec 26, 09:43:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks Ali! Yes I love sprouts too. Every year Ido enough for everyone but the boys won't eat them so I end up with lots- too many really but I can't waste them. And yes need to do lots of aerobics now to burn off all the chocolates I am about to eat. Heh.

Wed Dec 26, 12:06:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne- a giant schnapper in the sun sounds pretty wonderful to me...as for the sprouts, I think they're like marmite. You either love them or hate them. Unfortunately I love to eat just about anything except kidneys . Hope the rest of your holiday is great too!

Wed Dec 26, 12:13:00 pm  
Blogger Jeremy said...

And a verry merry Chrishtmas to you too. Marvellous shtuff.

Wed Dec 26, 07:41:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-)

Happy New Year, Jeremy.

Wed Dec 26, 09:46:00 pm  
Blogger Marly Youmans said...

We dug in the cupboard for the dratted Christmas crackers and found there were only TWO! Horrors!

Thu Dec 27, 10:49:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home