Saturday, December 15, 2007

Thorntons Continental

Well, here they are - Thorntons Continental chocolates. They taste even better than they look.

Anyway, in accordance to the aspirations of a previous post I bought the chocolates this morning and then looked around for some snails to hold over them so they could do some dribbling. Unfortunately all the snails around here seem to have gone into hibernation and since the chocolates won't keep it looks like we may well have to eat them all ourselves over Christmas - which is terribly unfortunate but I expect we'll cope.

Inside there are dried fruits soaked in alcohol, various pralines and truffles, tangy fruity creams, marzipan, nuts...I have tried other chocolates but I don't think these can be surpassed. Pity the snails aren't here though, because I am drooling already.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lenard Neal said...

Yes, that is a shame about the snails...

Sun Dec 16, 02:20:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, quite tragic! :-)

Sun Dec 16, 03:30:00 pm  
Blogger jem said...

I havent had one in a while, but I used to be a fan of the cappuccino ones - I think I can spot one middle left of the photo!

I enjoyed a couple of squares of M & S spiced chocolate bar with my afternoon reading! Very warming!

Sun Dec 16, 06:30:00 pm  
Blogger Susanna said...

I think I gained 5 pounds just by looking at this picture.

Tue Dec 18, 10:59:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jem: I know these so well I no longer need a key. My favourite is the Viennese truffle.

Yes, know the feeling, S. No doubt I too shall be a week from now. Back to the gym for the new year, I think - but worth it IMO!

Tue Dec 18, 11:24:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home