Wednesday, September 08, 2010

As I walked out one late summer noon

Outside the window of my room


were grapes: purple, small, succulent, lots hanging down, full of pips.


The final day I walked out again


higher this time, above the Costa Brava


past fennel heads higher than my own, coming soon to the end of the track


and another house


with a greenhouse


apparently allowed to run wild.


I sat for a while on a rock in the shade of a tree and thought about nothing very much except that now I am here, I am here, I am here. Sometimes just that seems extraordinary.


I had fascinating discussions with a great group of people. Thank you Isobel, Clare, Ros, Sara, Deni, Velta, Tracy, Ricardo, Michael, Lillian, Debbie, Carolina, Marr and, of course, Lee for inviting me again. It was a pleasure to meet (or reacquaint myself with) you again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul Halpern said...

Sounds wonderful! Great photos! The grapes outside your window remind me of a scene in the film "Modern Times" by Charlie Chaplin where his tramp character is envisioning the perfect life and everything he wants is right outside his window, including grapes. Seems like you discovered perfection in Spain!

Fri Sept 10, 01:20:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

It was, Paul - great people there too. I really appreciated talking to them - it seems like it's been a long time since I last had such interesting discussions.

Fri Sept 10, 09:15:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home