Wednesday, October 01, 2008

BAFAB Week October 2008

good karma

It is Buy A Friend A Book week again (the brain-child of Debra Hamel), and this time I have decided to just buy a friend this book: Alan Wall's new novel based in Chester and Liverpool, called SYLVIE'S RIDDLE.


Alan writes beautifully, and this friend I have in mind appreciates beautiful writing, so I think she'll like it. Also, since she lives locally, she might well bump into Alan during the Literature Festival and get him to sign it.


I enjoyed myself immensely choosing wrapping paper and ribbon. When there is editing to do, I seem to find an unlimited number of little essential tasks that I need to do first. It is a form of wilful procrastination.

Labels:

Link

7 Comments:

Blogger dhamel said...

Gorgeous package!

Wed Oct 01, 10:46:00 pm  
Blogger aliholli said...

Sorry to use the word "Christmas" on the first of October(AAAAArgh) but i`m thinking this book might be a nice present for someone. I shall have to investigate.
Great tactics for work-avoidance, I do that all the time with housework(which nearly always involves going out, closing the door and being busy swimming or walking the pooch for miles(both very necessary)

Thu Oct 02, 12:13:00 am  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Oh dear you have been so busy and I have been too busy to read all about what you've been up to which by the looks has been a lot! Woe is me ... maybe this weekend I can catch up somewhat on your meanderings and musings - what a treat that will be!

Thu Oct 02, 09:20:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thanks Debra - had fun!

Yes, Ali - housework definitely on the very bottom of my to-do list - and tends to stay there all the time. I get the odd pang of guilt, but luckily it never lasts.

Hi Kay - glad to see you, but more glad you have been busy. That is good news, I hope. I shall have to catch up with you this weekend too.

Thu Oct 02, 01:29:00 pm  
Blogger jem said...

Giving books as gifts is one of the things I love to do. Nearly everyone I know gets a book for Christmas and Birthday whether they knew they wanted one or not. I love to pick ones I've enjoyed and think they will like, or pick ones that look interesting and might appeal or challenge them. Giving books at others times too is even better!

Fri Oct 03, 04:02:00 pm  
Blogger Anne S said...

Lovely wrapping paper Clare.

I love looking for that sort of thing myself, and cards.

By the way, I have a book to give away on Cat Politics.

Sat Oct 04, 11:53:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Yes, Jem - that's much what I do too.

Thanks Anne, for the tip - I'll write a post about your giveaway on Sunday Salon tomorrow.

Sat Oct 04, 08:42:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home