Sunday, April 06, 2008

Twenty-third Sunday Salon 10.15: Review of DAPHNE by Justine Picardie

Well, yesterday's journey that should have taken 90 minutes took almost twice that long as I unintentionally went via the (very) scenic route of the hilly Welsh Marches. But I reached Gregynog Hall in the end, and it was definitely worth it; and I shall post about that later today, I hope, because I found it very interesting.

Just now, though, I would just like to let fellow Salonists know that I have posted a review of Justine Picardie's DAPHNE on Revish here (you might have to write the word 'Daphne' into the box on the right hand corner because I can't seem to get a permanent link). I have read some excellent books this year, but this one is a particular favourite.

Revish is fun because the site is 'supported' by a McRobot which will read out the review to you if you tell it to. Her name is Fiona (well, that what I call her, anyway), and she does a very good job - I'm becoming convinced that she actually understands what's she's saying.
Link

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed 'Daphne'. I posted a review this week as well. It's obviously going to be a real favourite with bloggers.

Sun Apr 06, 12:28:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just taken a look - what a perceptive review, Ann! I've learnt more still. Thank you.

Sun Apr 06, 12:43:00 pm  
Blogger Susanna said...

wow, that Hall looks awesome! like a time warp journey

you should do Marly's meme with that book today it looks interesting.

Sun Apr 06, 10:44:00 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

From Galloping Avenue to Gregynog Hill! As I said in the comments to prev. post - these things just happen all the time to gifted writers like yourself!

I'm REALLY looking forward to reading Daphne now after reading your review.

Mon Apr 07, 12:15:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home