Tuesday, April 01, 2008

My morning.

Spring! It's definitely come. Sun shining, buds fattening, tadpoles wriggling in the pond...and the Hodmandod manages to tear herself away from this excellent book, crawls out to the gym after more than a month's absence and commences spinnin'.

Hard, very hard. Legs will hardly move. I try to keep going, but worry that The Very Bad Cold was, in fact, some nasty virus that has atrophied my leg-muscles and I hadn't realised it until now. I slow down. I pause. My head droops until it is resting on the handlebars. Maybe I'm just too old. Then it occurs to me. Maybe it's the bike. I swap over - and yes, on a low gear I'm at the head of the Tour de France, yellow vest, and there is a crowd of people cheering me on as I whoop down the Pyrenees. Slow, fast, up, down, music in my ears...life is wonderful.

At the end of that I feel so great I wonder what stopped me going before. I vow I'm going to go back every day. Then I return home, make a cup of coffee, decide I've earned a chocolate biscuit, and go into a sort of reverie in front of the computer.

And now it's past noon. How did that happen?

5 Comments:

Blogger Susanna said...

spring is here for us to. I dread the hot months of summer here, but look forward to what spring and summer means, my teacher friends out for break, which means gym partners, and no extra class that I have teach, just the library work which is nice.

I want to get back to my accordion lessons regulary once a week. I really havent advanced much over the school year.

I am always sad when the winter leaves but I feel positive about the spring and summer this year.

were you visiting me last year when I was recording those little beginer songs. I listened to them again today. Its fun to sit at the shed and play privatly. I dont have electricity at mine so its nice to have a portable intrument.

here is a link to some I remembered to tag if you want to here them. They make me feel like I have spring in me somewhere

http://susangalique.livejournal.com/tag/accordion+music+post

Tue Apr 01, 08:55:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I hadn't heard the accordion playing before! Thanks S. I enjoyed listening to that, especially the waltz. It was really atmospheric.

Here is the link...

Tue Apr 01, 09:56:00 pm  
Blogger Jan said...

Ha!
I SO recognise this!!
Hope you spin and spin and spin...

Wed Apr 02, 12:50:00 pm  
Blogger aliholli said...

Clare it was great to have you back with us at spinnin... I just wish they would hurry up and fix the mic!!! see you again soon x x x

Wed Apr 02, 05:24:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happens all the time, Jan...must get a grip.

And Ali - I didn't notice the mic - it was fab as usual, and realised how much I'd missed everyone.

Wed Apr 02, 06:14:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home