Thursday, September 06, 2007

What I'm Doing 11:

What I'm listening to:
Poison by Alice Cooper
(remembering adolescent parties);





What I'm reading:
Money by Martin Amis
(as recommended to me by several people);





What I watched last:
Gorky Park
(absorbing but strangely scripted film by Dennis Potter - and did seem a little dated);








What I'm writing:

Nothing
(having trouble getting motivated to do anything very much at the moment);

Off to Durham tomorrow. As usual I have failed to travel light...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, Clare, while Alice Cooper is taking you back to adolescent parties, you've also put up something that takes me back to university days: Gorky Park!
I suppose that it might seem dated now, but I thought William Hurt was delightfully gorgeous in it! Now I think I must take another look at it soon...
I hope you have a good time in Durham.

Fri Sept 07, 06:55:00 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Have fun at the reunion. Reunions are fascinating events ...
The book 'Gorky Park' is a great read. I haven't seen the film - then again, the film is never as good as the book is it? ('Dr Zhivago' may be an exception ...)

Sat Sept 08, 02:04:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, CFR - there were some good performances, and I even liked (what I assumed to be) the deliberately stilted nature of the dialogue. It conveyed Russia, somehow.

CB: Yes, I agree - books are usually better - they can convey so much more and take as long as they like.

Sun Sept 09, 03:22:00 pm  
Blogger Marly Youmans said...

Hmm, must be something in the air. I was thinking of reading Money next. How is it?

Wed Sept 12, 04:49:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home