Thursday, September 06, 2007

What I'm Doing 11:

What I'm listening to:
Poison by Alice Cooper
(remembering adolescent parties);

What I'm reading:
Money by Martin Amis
(as recommended to me by several people);

What I watched last:
Gorky Park
(absorbing but strangely scripted film by Dennis Potter - and did seem a little dated);

What I'm writing:

(having trouble getting motivated to do anything very much at the moment);

Off to Durham tomorrow. As usual I have failed to travel light...


Anonymous crimeficreader said...

LOL, Clare, while Alice Cooper is taking you back to adolescent parties, you've also put up something that takes me back to university days: Gorky Park!
I suppose that it might seem dated now, but I thought William Hurt was delightfully gorgeous in it! Now I think I must take another look at it soon...
I hope you have a good time in Durham.

Fri Sep 07, 06:55:00 pm  
Blogger chiefbiscuit said...

Have fun at the reunion. Reunions are fascinating events ...
The book 'Gorky Park' is a great read. I haven't seen the film - then again, the film is never as good as the book is it? ('Dr Zhivago' may be an exception ...)

Sat Sep 08, 02:04:00 pm  
Anonymous Clare said...

Yes, CFR - there were some good performances, and I even liked (what I assumed to be) the deliberately stilted nature of the dialogue. It conveyed Russia, somehow.

CB: Yes, I agree - books are usually better - they can convey so much more and take as long as they like.

Sun Sep 09, 03:22:00 pm  
Blogger marlyat2 said...

Hmm, must be something in the air. I was thinking of reading Money next. How is it?

Wed Sep 12, 04:49:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home