Monday, September 03, 2007

Dr Grump Gets Real

This afternoon I came back to the office early to find Dr Grump making snuffling noises over her lap top.
'What's wrong?' I asked. It was such a strange noise, something I had not heard Dr Grump making before. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes. Not of grief however, but of mirth.
'Look at this,' she said.

'Well, I can't see why you're laughing at that,' I said, 'Poor girl.'
Dr Grump's smile disappeared and she folded her arms at me (this is a defensive movement, a fact that Dr Grump, as an expert in Sexual Dynamics, knows only too well). 'Why does the average 22 year old female lie naked under a sun-lamp do you think?'
'To get a sun-tan, of course.' I snapped back. I admit I was not in the best of moods. They'd run out of my favourite Chocolate-Orange Gloop Sundae Surprise at the University of Urm refectory.
'Exactly. An all-over sun-tan.' She said, peering over her glasses (Dr Grump of course does not need to wear glasses she just peers over them for effect). 'Which she no doubt intends to display at some future date?'
I nodded.
'So why should she object to Mr Strange peering at her in advance? And how on earth could this be her 'worst nightmare'? I should think it would be close to her favourite fantasy.'
'Perhaps Mr Strange lives up to his name.' I suggested.
'Well I think that prosecuting lawyer should live up to hers. Kirsty Real, indeed.' She started to make those strange snuffling noises again, then stopped and looked up at me. 'Get real would be more like it.'
Then she snorted like a pig. Now this is a sound I've heard before. It means that Dr Grump is particularly pleased with herself.

Update: There is another report from a local newspaper with photo of Stephen Strange here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

What? No photos?

Tue Sept 04, 10:11:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly, no...

Tue Sept 04, 10:16:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home