Tuesday, November 23, 2010

An afternoon at Halewood Library.

Halewood Library on Merseyside is a fine place: great library and helpful, friendly librarians. In contrast with my experience at a certain internationally renowned literary festival earlier in the year, a young chap called Stuart, who knew exactly what he was talking about, helped connect my computer to a splendidly large TV which everyone could see, and it all went very well. The audience was enthusiastic - a combination of members of a local reading group and creative writing group - and I had lots of interesting questions about my novel.

Some of the audience filling in feedback forms at the end of the session.

I had a thoroughly good time. Thank you Halewood Library!

Me with a Welsh member of the reading group in specially coordinating colours. (Photo taken by Sue Stone).

2 Comments:

Blogger Sue Guiney said...

This looks great. I'm finally getting together with some local libraries and hope to do the first of these visits in January. I do lov libraries, and am really encouraged that they are still being used as centres of communication and arts.

Tue Nov 23, 10:37:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Yes! We need libraries - more now than ever.

Tue Nov 23, 11:51:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home