Tuesday, November 23, 2010

An afternoon at Halewood Library.

Halewood Library on Merseyside is a fine place: great library and helpful, friendly librarians. In contrast with my experience at a certain internationally renowned literary festival earlier in the year, a young chap called Stuart, who knew exactly what he was talking about, helped connect my computer to a splendidly large TV which everyone could see, and it all went very well. The audience was enthusiastic - a combination of members of a local reading group and creative writing group - and I had lots of interesting questions about my novel.

Some of the audience filling in feedback forms at the end of the session.

I had a thoroughly good time. Thank you Halewood Library!

Me with a Welsh member of the reading group in specially coordinating colours. (Photo taken by Sue Stone).


Blogger Sue Guiney said...

This looks great. I'm finally getting together with some local libraries and hope to do the first of these visits in January. I do lov libraries, and am really encouraged that they are still being used as centres of communication and arts.

Tue Nov 23, 10:37:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Yes! We need libraries - more now than ever.

Tue Nov 23, 11:51:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home