Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Better World Books

Recently I have taken to buying books from Amazon's other sellers and have been perfectly happy with the service so far. Tonight I made a purchase from a seller called Better World Books and just received this in their acknowledgement:

Better World Books utilizes the value of the book to fund literacy initiatives locally, nationally and around the world. Please know that your purchase will help us in our efforts to promote and support our literacy partners and their initiatives. Your purchase will provide much needed funding that is instrumental to the efforts of those whose passion it is to provide the world's least fortunate with the opportunities that literacy affords.

I'd not heard of this before. It sounds like an excellent idea.
Link

2 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Loved catching up Clare - I've been away on a holiday which limited me to writing my blog, but not being able really to read other blogs.
I am so pleased you're reading Janet Frame's autobiography - did you know that there is a film of the book? She dided not so long ago - about two years now. I wrote a poem for my next collection that mentions the day she died - in fact that's what it is called!

Thu Jan 11, 02:15:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, CB - when you're away from home you don't have the same ability to surf, do you?

I only knew about the film because it mentioned it on the back of the book. I think maybe I'll get a DVD if I can find one.

When's you next collection out?

Thu Jan 11, 03:42:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home