Wednesday, January 10, 2007

2007: The Year So Far

I come back to the land of the Blog after a few days absence and look around. So much has happened.

Marly Youmans and Jeff Ford are reading exotic and wonderful-sounding books from the far east (Marly has committed herself to writing a set of appreciations of the works of little-known authors this year and the first one was mine, which was so overwhelmingly kind that I reacted rather like some daft actress who overdoes things at the Oscars);

Snailtales has opened the year with two fascinating posts on the way a slug eats algae off a tree and news of a book composed of articles from science blogs and compiled by A blog Around The Clock which sounds very interesting;

Twitches has written a poem about snails (yes!) which is well up to her usual magnificent standard;

while Gordon McCabe has started off a new universe in his living room using instructions garnered from the web. It seems to be going quite well so far.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daft actress! I like that...

Wed Jan 10, 07:21:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clare: Marly told me you had us in the post today. Happy New Year! Hope the writing goes well in 07.

Jeff Ford

Wed Jan 10, 10:43:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh the net is so slow today...But thank you, Jeff...and Marly - tis true...

Thu Jan 11, 12:04:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In honor of a visit to Gordon McCabe's blog, I hereby declare that I will not build my own universe out of anything but little black letters, but I will take his sterling advice and go have a bath and a cup of tea. In fact, I intend to take the two simultaneously.

Thu Jan 11, 02:52:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes those universes made out of little black letters are the most real ones of all...and the bath and the tea sound an excellent idea to me.

Thu Jan 11, 03:47:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home