Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fishy Distractions

I bought this, having seen a recommendation on the Asylum blog:


Liked it, bored everyone I know reading excerpts from it, discovered that Henry Root (wet fish merchant) was really William Donaldson, and having read an excerpt from one of his other books was persuaded that I needed this:


which came this morning, and I am glad to report is just as hilarious as the Henry Root book, but longer...although, really, I should be reading this


which is funny too (in its own quiet way), and introduces me to the incredibly alien world of a Japan one thousand years ago.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

I know a few folk who would enjoy this...Just back after 5 months no blogging so hope you'll pay a visit sometime...

Mon May 23, 08:54:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

The William Donaldson books or the Shining Prince? (or maybe both!). Welcome back, Jan.

Mon May 23, 10:56:00 pm  
Anonymous marly youmans said...

Hi Jan! Glad she surfaced...

He does look like fun. Maybe you'll have to confess your favorite rogues...

Tue May 24, 06:31:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Heh. Good idea, Marly.

Wed May 25, 08:57:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home