Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What I'm Doing: :34

What I'm reading: Frankie and Stankie by Barbara Trapido.
Trapido is a recent discovery for me, but after reading Brother of the More Famous Jack, and enjoying it very much, I am keen to read the rest of Trapido's output.


What I'm listening to: Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World by Haruki Murakami.


I have already described (several times) how much I admire Murakami, and this one certainly doesn't disappoint. In fact I think it may be my favourite so far.



What I watched last: Together With You directed by Chen Kaig.


This is a tale about a young, gifted violin player and his father, an impoverished chef, who go to Beijing to follow their dreams. It was a light and enjoyable film, and I found the insight into China in 2002 illuminating. Seven years later there were far more cars, and far fewer bikes.



What I'm reading on Kindle: Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift.

I'm not sure I can remember ever reading this in its original version, so I thought it about time that I did.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne S said...

Hard Boiled Wonderland is the one I reread every couple of years or so. It was the first of Murakami's novels I read and remains my favourite.

Thu Apr 28, 04:58:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

I'm only about half way through, Anne - but yes, its brilliance is already obvious.

Thu Apr 28, 09:37:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home