Monday, February 14, 2011

My next destination: Greece

I am enjoying my book tour around the world. Having finished with Korea, I am moving back to Greece. I've already taken a look at the history a couple of months ago, which I knew very little about, and found it fascinating.

Now I am going to revisit my trip there back in October, look through some of the many photos I took then, and thoroughly read the guide books.


One thing that has struck me already is how similar Korea of 100 years ago (as described by Arnold Henry Savage Landor in Corea) was to Athens in the golden age (500BC). Both cities had walls, both were surrounded by mountains, the women of the upper classes led separate lives from the men, spent most of their days inside the house, and if they strayed outside on an errand had to keep themselves covered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home