Sunday, January 30, 2011

Advanced Planning

I'm off to the capital this week. Monday night, at 7.30pm, I am giving a talk at the London Welsh Society on Gray's Inn Road. My father used to go dancing there in his younger days, so I am going to take a few pictures to show him to see how things have changed.

Apart from that I have a couple of research trips planned - to the Imperial War Museum and the British Film Institute, and also have books ordered at the British Library. Then, if I have time, I would like to see the exhibition on silk robes from China at the V&A... according to the newspaper today '...no one, ever again, will wear clothes of such beauty as those.'

8 Comments:

Blogger Paul Halpern said...

Amazing how much there is to see in London! It's like a whole world in itself.

Sun Jan 30, 10:31:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Agreed Paul, and there's never enough time to see it all!

Sun Jan 30, 10:47:00 pm  
Blogger D said...

I can't believe you'll be in London precisely when I'm off to Portugal. There's no justice!
Please tell us afterwards about your talk and research trips. Hope you enjoy both!

Sun Jan 30, 11:59:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Ah, what a shame, Andreia. I'd love to meet you , one day. I hop you have a good trip back home.

Mon Jan 31, 07:59:00 am  
Anonymous Mary said...

Have fun on your travels, Clare!

Mon Jan 31, 09:06:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thanks Mary!

Tue Feb 01, 05:11:00 pm  
Anonymous marly youmans said...

"Ever again" is a bit sweeping.

Talk on your book?

Sat Feb 05, 09:45:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Yes, Marly - I suppose it is a bit - and beauty very much in the eye of the beholder and all that - but still, the exaggeration made me, for one, think.

And yes, the talk was on the research I did for my book - illustrated with about 50 pictures (in the hope that they add interest).

Sat Feb 05, 09:58:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home