Monday, December 31, 2007

Preparations for a new year

Today I went to Borders to get myself a magnificent new diary - a day to a page.



Unfortunately there was also a book sale on (as there always is) and, although I have sworn to myself that I am not going to buy any more books until I've made some more progress in diminishing the TBR pile, I succumbed...



I also bought myself a new laptop bag on a trip to Staples a couple of days ago (to get a planner for 2008)


which has pockets not only for my laptop (so I can write anywhere)


but also my new ipod touch (my much-treasured Christmas present).



Life seems sweet.

8 Comments:

Blogger Maxine Clarke said...

Lovely purchases. I've had a few similar moments myself in the past few days. I think you will enjoy On Chesil Beach, and it will only take you a couple of hours to read so will not impede your dents to the reading pile too much!

Mon Dec 31, 04:18:00 pm  
Blogger Susanna said...

Happy New Year!!!! I am so glad that we met!

Mon Dec 31, 11:20:00 pm  
Blogger Anne S said...

Happy New Year Clare from sweltering Melbourne.

I notice you have Mr Pip in the pile of books. I read it yesterday and very much liked it. It was one of the books I selected when I was claiming a book voucher I received for Christmas.

Tue Jan 01, 02:12:00 am  
Blogger Lori Witzel said...

Happy New Year!

In honor of your tagging me earlier this year...see my second post for January 1.

:-)

Tue Jan 01, 02:47:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, dear Clare--I hope your 2008 is full of pleasant surprises.

Tue Jan 01, 05:00:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK that means I'd better stay as far away from Borders as possible while I'm in the City tomorrow or my bank manager and I are going to have a falling out.

Tue Jan 01, 05:05:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to all of you too! And Maxine and Anne - looking forward to these two books very much now you've recommended...

Tue Jan 01, 07:40:00 pm  
Blogger Angie said...

Bonne Année to everyone, now with the I-Pod Touch you will be able to post at anytime the comments of trips or moments of your life from anywhere !

Wed Jan 02, 02:48:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home