Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Day At The Zoo

How like animals we are -

squabbling like baby elephants;
me looking at you looking at me -

through a murky window;
pretending to ride the sort of ponies that

will not kick or gallop too freely;
and then, as the evening comes,

end it on ice -
round and around
for no purpose

but to feel the wind in our faces,
and know we are


Blogger marlyat2 said...

Glad you didn't stop with "round and round"...

Fri Dec 28, 12:59:00 am  
Blogger Table Talk said...

I haven't been to the zoo for years and this reminds me that I only live seven miles away from Dudley Zoo. Perhaps that's the problem; it's too easy. I must put it on my list of things to do when the better weather comes.

Fri Dec 28, 05:26:00 pm  
Anonymous Clare said...

Table Talk - we live less than a mile from the zoo at Chester and I know that the only reason we go each year at Christmas is that local residents are given a free zoo pass. It's been going on for years - in compensation for the inconvenience of a little road congestion during some bank holidays! We usually make sure we go - but I am sure we wouldn't otherwise. It's always the same, isn't? You tend not to go to places close by - they are less exotic, I suppose, and anyway you can always go 'some other time'(which never ends up coming).

Fri Dec 28, 07:45:00 pm  
Blogger Susangalique said...

wow I love the ice skating pics. THat looks like a great day.

Sat Dec 29, 06:53:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home