Wednesday, August 15, 2007

What I'm Doing 8:

What I'm listening to:
VISIONARY DREAM by Sopho
(The Georgian Entry for the Eurovision Song Contest - something about this clip I find quietly euphoric - I love the mix of what I think is folk tale, culture and strange exotic location);

What I'm reading:
Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
(which comes highly recommended by everyone);





What I'm writing:
Still editing my novel
(and hope it's getting better);


What I'm Wearing:
Terracotta linen trousers, brown sleeveless shirt, lots of shell jewelry and a lacy thing that is half shawl half cardigan because it is not particularly warm any more - summer, such that it was, now seems to have gone);

What I watched last:
Jeff VanderMeer's short film
(which you can see here - to go with the paperback launch of his excellent book, SHRIEK. This is an extraordinarily complete vision of an imaginary place - beautiful, and at the same time strange and exciting);


What I'm dreaming about:
Finding a new Muse.


Where I went last:
To my friend Irene's house for Book Group. We discussed THE TENDERNESS OF WOLVES by Stef Penney which we all thought was OK but slightly mystified why it has won so much praise.

7 Comments:

Blogger Susanna said...

Love the video. I will have to myspace her.

Wed Aug 15, 09:11:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is not Eurovision as we know it, via the delightful Terry Wogan. Thanks for enlightening...

Wed Aug 15, 10:35:00 pm  
Blogger Andrew said...

Just out of interest, are you familiar with Dead Can dance, Clare? Here's a glimpse either way of the track Cantara live:here

Thu Aug 16, 12:37:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the normal course of events I would rather crawl over broken glass than listen to any offering from the Eurovision Song Contest, but this is extraordinary. Georgian vocal music represents a fascinating synthesis of East & West - viz The Rustavi Choir (http://www.emusic.com/artist/MP3
-Download/10564137.html), but this piece is in a class of its own. Thanks for it. I'm off in search of more.

Fri Aug 17, 11:09:00 pm  
Blogger Crystal said...

Loved the video...I like the gold band she has in her hair!

I second Andrew's recommend of DCD if you aren't familiar with them. One of my absolute faves.

Sat Aug 18, 11:22:00 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Loved the song and the short movie ... thanks - inspirational, you are!
Good luck with the editing of your novel.

Sun Aug 19, 05:13:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Sopho really appealed to me - but there doesn't seem much about her but she is really young so I expect there will be more soon.

And thank you Andrew, Dick and Crystallyn for your recommendations. I've taken a look and I love them both too. Just going to check if they're on iTunes. Just my sort of thing. It is great to be blogging - it widens my horizons enormously.

And thank you CB. You are so kind. I do appreciate it.

Sun Aug 19, 03:24:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home