Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Candles



We have had guests, hence the paucity of posts. Tonight, at the end of our meal, I lit many candles and we basked in their glow...

I like candles, especially the scented sort. These were an assortment of vanilla, cinnamon and cloves - although the perfume seems to come mainly after they have been extinguished. Maybe all the delicate aromatic molecules are converted into something smaller and more robust in the flame, and it is only when this is gone that they can diffuse around the room with the smoke.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spooky!

Tue Aug 14, 11:08:00 pm  
Blogger Susanna said...

I love this picture. The lady looks really sweet, like someone who could really tell you secrets of the universe.

Wed Aug 15, 09:07:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susangalique - that's my mother! She'll love it that you think that. Thank you.

Sun Aug 19, 03:25:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan - Clare's my sister-in-law and yes her mother,my mother-in-law is very sweet and believe me she could tell you a few secrets!

Clare, love the photo.

Yasmin

Sun Aug 26, 11:06:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home