Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Poseidon

I just read this uplifting story on the BBC News website. Unfortunately it brought on another 101 words...

You were drowning. I saw you. A leaf falling from a tree. No breeze. No current. A slow descent until you stopped. I blinked. I waited. MOVE. You didn't. So I called out. Screamed my controlled scream. And they scooped you up. Lay you out. You were not dead. Just nearly.
After the fuss, after the squeezing, listening for breath, the squeezing again and that welcome cough of yours, that tiny eruption of vomit and the ambulance coming and going again...it is quiet. The water lapping. My network of eyes - like a fly's, just like a fly's- watching, waiting, watching.
Link

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Active, beautiful writing..Your network of eyes, fly-like. Stillness. Look forward to more!

Fri Sept 02, 05:13:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home