Thursday, August 25, 2005

A story in a 101 words.


In ANTHROPOLOGY(UK) or ANTHROPOLOGY(US) Dan Rhodes wrote 101 short stories each 101 words long. Four of them are extracted here. Most of the stories in ANTHROPOLOGY are about pretty women, so I thought I'd have a go at writing one about a gorgeous snail...

DAVID
I once knew a snail called David. He had a shell that spiralled the wrong way. Apart from that he was very beautiful. Unfortunately he didn't make slime and so he had to slither along like a reptile, which he wasn't. He was a mollusc. People say it was a shame to eat him, but what do they know. I served him on a bed of cos lettuce, which I think he would have liked. The marinate of oil, lime and coriander restored his mobility. He slipped down my throat like a well-matured truffle. It was a fine way to go.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Dan Rhodes' Anthropology was pretentious, but your story is so ... carnivorous.:-p

Sat Aug 27, 01:30:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, heh heh...

Clare.

Sat Aug 27, 07:27:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic story. You restored his mobility indeed.

Thu Dec 01, 02:50:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting. I just started a blog a few days ago with the premise of writing nothing but 101 word short stories. I am thinking of opening it up to everyone.

Tue Dec 20, 10:26:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home