Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Launch - 28th June 2010

A sultry night. Luckily, Hodmandod Minor was home from university so he could help me carry my cake, books, my computer, talk, and canapes from the shop to the theatre. Then help me to hang my bunting


...everywhere.


Danny, the helpful young bookseller, arrived with my books from Waterstones


and the people from Tip Top Productions helped show people downstairs to the basement theatre...


The lights shone, transforming me into a celestial being


(or it could be that I managed to 'do something' to my camera),


(here is what I really looked like)

and after my gratifyingly-captive audience had endured the films and readings we escaped again to the ground floor


bought books (the lady in red, there is Jan)


lifted the lid from the cake


and generally had an excellent time (well I did, anyway!). Thank you everyone that came, and thank you Steve and everyone at Tip Top Productions. I had the best book launch ever.


my aerobics and spinning teacher, AliHolli, me, and my creative writing tutor (and poet and novelist) Gladys Mary Coles.

9 Comments:

Blogger Anne S said...

Glad your launch went well! I read A Place of Meadows and Tall Trees last weekend, and was thoroughly moved and engaged by it. Lovely novel!

Thu Jul 01, 12:33:00 am  
Blogger Paul Halpern said...

Many congratulations, Clare! Sounds like a wonderful launch. Now if only those reading this blog could reach in and slice a piece of the cake, as in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory's 'Wonka-vision.'

Thu Jul 01, 02:09:00 am  
Blogger SomeBeans said...

You're right - it was hot!

Thanks for the invite, Sharon and I enjoyed our first book launch party.

Thu Jul 01, 06:10:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thank you Anne! I have to tell you that is a huge relief, and I much appreciate your words.

Ha, Paul - you are right. Blogger ought to start working on this right away.

Hi SomeBeans! Great to meet the Small Casserole and Elegant Gardener at last. Thank you very much for coming.

Thu Jul 01, 08:04:00 am  
Blogger Jan said...

This was lovely Clare.
Lots have said since how much they enjoyed themselves.

Thu Jul 01, 05:05:00 pm  
Blogger aliholli said...

Clare it was fab, I certainly wasn't aware of any "enduring" of films, they were all superb!! I'm in awe of your amazing brilliantness (!) can't wait to read the book. Well done (and YUM YUM) xx

Thu Jul 01, 05:17:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thanks Jan - I think we should have one of these every year - maybe yours next!

Heh, heh, Ali, thank you - and very pleased you liked the cake too :-)

Thu Jul 01, 07:36:00 pm  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I am a bit behind in my blog reading of late ... missed this one! But a belated Happy Launchday to you! (Mmmm that cake looks yummy ...)I am in the middle of your lovely book and thoroughly enjoying it too!)

Thu Jul 08, 07:22:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thanks Kay - and delighted you're enjoying my book.

Thu Jul 08, 07:53:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home