Sunday, March 16, 2008

Twentieth Sunday Salon. Noon.

I was wrong. WE ARE NOW BEGINNING OUR DESCENT is an engrossing book. I am in the middle of a scene at a party that is almost painful in its intensity. I sure I don't know anyone quite as nasty as some of the characters but I believe in them and feel that I do. I am pretty glad I don't live in James Meek's world - and I am not talking about his dangerous missions to Afganistan but the rather more damaging encounters at dinner parties...
Link

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes dinner parties can be more damaging than being in a combat are!

Happy Sunday saloning!

Sun Mar 16, 03:45:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Gautami!

Yup, they certainly seem to be in this book!

Afghanistan is much closer to you than me, I think.

Happy Sunday Saloning to you too.

Sun Mar 16, 03:53:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home