Sunday, March 16, 2008

Twentieth Sunday Salon. Noon.

I was wrong. WE ARE NOW BEGINNING OUR DESCENT is an engrossing book. I am in the middle of a scene at a party that is almost painful in its intensity. I sure I don't know anyone quite as nasty as some of the characters but I believe in them and feel that I do. I am pretty glad I don't live in James Meek's world - and I am not talking about his dangerous missions to Afganistan but the rather more damaging encounters at dinner parties...


Anonymous gautami tripathy said...

Sometimes dinner parties can be more damaging than being in a combat are!

Happy Sunday saloning!

Sun Mar 16, 03:45:00 pm  
Anonymous Clare said...

Hello Gautami!

Yup, they certainly seem to be in this book!

Afghanistan is much closer to you than me, I think.

Happy Sunday Saloning to you too.

Sun Mar 16, 03:53:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home