Saturday, February 02, 2008

Keeper of the Smailes



A good day. After I came home from spinnin' (I am going to grow up in a decade or two) I found a copy of DWELL with my little piece inside it,


then at lunch-time I went to see Caroline Smailes signing her books in Waterstones and took a couple of photographs,

and bought a book...or three.


Since then I have been re-writing the re-writing (a particularly difficult sex scene without mentioning body-parts - because that would seem like cheating, somehow).

Style Tip
Clauses introduced by which, when and where are non-restrictive. They do not define or limit, merely add something. These clauses are parenthetic.
e.g. This sex scene, which comes at the end of the chapter, has been shortened considerably.

New Word
Prurience = having or encouraging an excessive interest in sexual matters.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those top pictures of you. So...happy.

Sun Feb 03, 01:31:00 am  
Blogger Caroline said...

Thanks so much for coming and for buying the book. I ended up buying 2 of your 3for2s too (what a sentence!) (not ISoA, obviously).

Sun Feb 03, 03:05:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Debra, yes I am happy now...and I'm not quite sure why. But I want to hang on to it, somehow; record it so I can remember it later when I'm not.

And my pleasure, Caroline!
BOGOF is the expression that amuses me. It sounds rude!

Sun Feb 03, 03:28:00 pm  
Blogger Susanna said...

I love your new photos, gosh you look so strong and healthy!

Sun Feb 03, 06:46:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is as good as I get, Susangalique. This week I've gone to the gym everyday but I am still flabby...it does make me feel happy though.

Sun Feb 03, 07:22:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home