Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Then and Now

I was contacted by an American publisher today (via Jenny at Lablit) - apparently an English professor at the university of Mississippi wants to use a couple of my photographs (of me) for his textbook and would I like to see the context. I have to admit I was rather pleased and though it would be about my writing. However it turns out that they are just part of an exercise in writing a profile. The students have to decided what is different about the two pictures (taken about 20 years apart) and then give me a name, a job, a family and where and how I live. And if I am famous for anything.


So they will be doing in their course almost exactly the same thing as I did yesterday and have continued to do today - inventing lives to match pictures.




I can't decide if I'd want to know what they say...

Novel word count today: 6 500

2 Comments:

Blogger Susanna said...

this is awesomly cool! How neat.

The picture thing is fun. At the archive some family had given a whole bunch of picutres from probably 1890-1920 and I was suppose to throw the duplicates away but I just couldnt bring myself to trash them.

Wed Nov 21, 06:03:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you Susangalique! I bet they are fascinating.

Wed Nov 21, 10:34:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home