Monday, July 16, 2007

What I'm Doing 3:

What I'm reading:
THE ROAD by Cormac McCarthy.
(Stark, strange and mesmeric so far)

What I watched last night:
THE HORSE WHISPERER from a novel by Nicholas Evans.
(But only the first 20 minutes since it did not agree with the Hodmandods' sensitive stomachs - I expect the book is much better).

What I'm writing:
Revision of my talk on the meaning of madness.

What I'm hoping to accomplish tomorrow:
My packing for France.
(Everything is taking me ages at the moment. If I start first thing in the morning I'm hoping I'll be finished by tomorrow night).

What I'm wearing:
Pyjamas.

What I dreamt about last night:
I had been commissioned to paint a big picture in oils for a children's group (this is strange because I've never been commissioned to do anything). It turned out to be a moody dramatic piece and just before I'd finished I ran out of blue and purple paints so I went to get some more. But when I came back they told me my services were no longer required and they had finished it without me. Then I saw my picture - it had been 'finished' with a trite big smiling sunflower covering (and obliterating) all that I'd done.

A very symbolic dream.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susanna said...

hope you have a fun trip.

I tried to take a snail picture for you today. It looks like a snail blob though.
I put it up on my lj

Sat Jul 21, 02:30:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home