Tuesday, July 10, 2007

What I'm doing 2:

What I'm reading:
SATURDAY by Ian McEwan
(which I'm hoping to read by Thursday - heh)

What I watched last:
THE SOUTH BANK SHOW on the Macbeths of modern times presented by the magnificent Melvyn Bragg
(and with whom I have fallen slightly in love ever since we had a long and slightly drunken (on my part) conversation in January).

What I've just been writing:
A piece on creativity for John Baker's blog.

What I'm hoping to accomplish today:
The synopsis of my novel.

What I'm wearing:
Pink striped linen trousers and raspberry-coloured sleeveless top teamed with a pale green jacket which was obviously eye-catching (and not in a good way) because I got the once-over by a few people when I visited the doctor's surgery this morning.

What I'm dreaming about:
A day without rain.
(sorry Anne S, I am trying to think about the poor drought-plagued farmers in parts of Australia, but then it pours it down again and all I can selfishly think about is how we're all being cheated of summer).

7 Comments:

Blogger Anne S said...

Clare: No need to apologise, we too yearn for sunshine at this time of year. Must be a craving for vitamin D. or something.

I hope you get some sunshine soon and that summer has not done its course quite yet.

Thu Jul 12, 03:28:00 am  
Blogger Susanna said...

I like the What I am Doing segments.

You need to embrace the rain and make it fabulous by watch some old Dark Shadows episodes. Do you all have that over there? Its a soap opera from the 1960s. It makes rain so fabulous.

There is always the Kate Winslet version of Sense and Sensibility. THere are some really great rain scenes in it.

We are almost in dust bowl conditions here.

Fri Jul 13, 04:00:00 am  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

A day of accomplishments. Turning peoples' heads in either a good way or other, holding a drunken conversation with Bragg, reading 'Saturday' by Thursday ... can all be justifiably deemed admirable achievements.

Fri Jul 13, 08:14:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Anne - as I write it the sun is shining - but I'm not writing this too loud!

Susangalique: now I have not heard of Dark Shadows - obviously missing something...all I keep thinking about is a wonderful short story by Ray Bradbury about walking on a planet where is rains all the time and eventually the protagonist goes mad. A dust bowl! I am sorry - that must be horrible too. I can only imagine what that must be like - the dust getting everywhere...maybe it hurts.

CB: Thanks CB: I did read Saturday by Thursday - so very pleased with that...and loved it very much...but McEwan is always a winner for me.

Sat Jul 14, 06:54:00 pm  
Blogger Angie said...

We are dreaming of a little rain ! Those days we got 36 degrees Celsus, not really handy to sleep well.

Tue Jul 17, 02:04:00 am  
Blogger Crystal said...

So what did you think of the Road? I'm not sure it was all that everyone made it out to be. I thought the ending was wayyyy too easy and I couldn't quite understand how a child that old could be so naive about some of the things that he should supposedly would have grown up seeing in an environment like that...

Fri Jul 20, 03:22:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie - know what you mean now! Very hot in France when I left - but I loved it.

Crystallyn: Not fnished yet (interrupted myself with rereading Lady Chattterley's Lover) but can see what you mean a bit already. I'll say more when I've finished.

Fri Jul 20, 04:04:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home