Wednesday, June 06, 2007

6.30am

Today, as an experiment in superlative navel-gazing, I am going to record my thoughts at two hourly intervals throughout the day.

Woke up with my age in my head and for a while I considered it. When did I start feeling washed up, as if the world has passed me by? Came to the conclusion it was about aged seventeen which seems utterly stupid to me now but did not when I was seventeen.

Kept thinking about this as I went to my study and switched on the computer and read that the world's oldest man is celebrating his birthday at 111. Since we seem so much younger to our later selves maybe the knack in dealing with age is to imagine yourself at say 111 and look back at the age you are now. To a 111 year old I expect I am a model of youthful vigour.

Outside everything is still and quiet and the sky has that kind of bright haziness that promises heat. An aeroplane passes overhead and for a moment I wish I was on it, going somewhere.

Decide to go spinning if there are any places left.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Age is relative.
I always think of what someone said to me once ... "Everyone gets older at exactly the same rate."
I remembered this tonight when I was at the supermarket with ABM and the two young things at the checkout, I'm sure, were judging us as two old fogeys! ;)

Sat Jun 16, 12:25:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home