Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A Short Intermission


Everything is quiet - just the fan on my old computer is thrumming to itself, sometimes making strange electronic hiccups as it encounters something coming in from the web. It is quarter past ten as I write this and the sky is still quite bright. Near the horizon the sky goes from a dark eggshell-blue to a faint pink and in the distance a red light burns indicating the top of a cooling tower. Nothing moves. Not even the twigs on trees.

Time to creep away now. There is food in the fridge and I've just finished piling freshly laundered clothes into drawers and cupboards. Tomorrow I shall take the train to Leicester.

4 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

Over here at the bottom of the world it starts getting dark by five o'clock at the moment. I envy your long evenings. Hope you have a great time in Leicester

Wed May 30, 07:27:00 am  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

What a treat to visit your place once again Clare. As always insightful and informative - a combination that makes for very appealing writing.
Enjoy the peace you've described in this post - certainly sounds idyllic!

Wed May 30, 08:20:00 am  
Blogger Jan said...

Enjoy visiting your folks, Clare. My email hiccup down to server, not me; normal service supposedly within 48 hrs...
And they weren't going to tell me!
Hmm..

Wed May 30, 12:17:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a grand visit, Clare--

My grandfather was "William Leicester Morris." I can't remember whether his ancestors were from over that way--shall have to look.

Wed May 30, 03:54:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home