Friday, February 24, 2017

My Sit Stand Desking.

My new study is taking shape: bookshelves made for me by a local wardrobe manufacturer, and then a wardrobe doubling for the occasional guest, but mainly containing shelving for my stationery.

I am particularly pleased with my new (to me) desk bought from a used office furniture place.  It not only fits into the space we left for it (phew!), but is also height-adjustable so that for the first time ever I have a desk at the correct height for my (almost) 5'3'' frame.  My feet are flat on the floor!  My elbows are at desk height, and the top part of my screen is at eye-level.


Now that the 'sit' part is satisfactory, I am contemplating adding an adjacent 'stand' or 'walk' part so I can alternate between the two.  Instead of having a desk that adjusts up and down, I am thinking of buying a stand for another monitor (which mirrors the first) with a low-powered treadmill beneath.  Then, when my FitBit commands me to move, I can - all the time continuing with whatever I was doing at my desk.

4 Comments:

Blogger aliholli said...

Or just come spinning! Have a break for an hour!!

Thu Mar 02, 11:46:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

:-) Yes! I shall certainly be doing that too, Ali!

Fri Mar 03, 03:47:00 pm  
Blogger Marly Youmans said...

Lovely and clean-lined (very different from my own space, but probably better, more sensible.) I like it! Ingenious to think of shelves for a writing room in terms of wardrobes.

Sun Apr 02, 02:43:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thanks Marly. I am pleased with it. As the wardrobe man said, even the bookshelves are bifunctional because they are fairly deep. It's not finished yet, but I hope it will be soon.

Sat Apr 15, 08:45:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home