Thursday, June 14, 2012

Three Books

Today, three books arrived all at once:


The Ancient Indus by Rita Wright (ordered from Amazon) which I hope will cover my latest obsession (if you want to see why look at the images on the stunning Harappa website).

The second, Great Stories of all Nations (selected by Maxim Lieber and Blanche Colton Williams), I ordered from Abebooks after a friend of mine, Irene, told me about her copy which she had inherited from her grandfather. It sounded so interesting that I immediately wanted a copy of my own - and luckily found one for 65 pence from a bookseller in East Sussex. It was published in 1927.

The last was a surprise from Profile books: Pieces of Light by Charles Fernyhough. This piques my interest for two reasons. First, because it is about memory - a subject that has fascinated me ever since I read Douwe Draaisma's collection of essays Why Life Speeds Up As You Get Older - and second because it is 'a blend of science and literature' which I generally find irresistible. Thank you Profile books!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home