Saturday, June 09, 2012

SickLit

I would just like to welcome The Black Death by Robert S Gottfried to the Hodmandod SickLit collection.


So far, I have read just four of these: Deadly Companions and The Invisible Enemy by Dorothy Crawford, The Family that Couldn't Sleep by D.T. Max (all fascinating) and Six Modern Plagues by Mark Jerome Walters, the last of which enthralled me so much that I started a HantavirusLit sub-collection. This, like its mother-collection, is ongoing.

I have just supplemented it with a couple of free books by Daniel Defoe: The History of the Plague in London * and A Journal of the Plague Year, written by a citizen who continued all the while in London * and also The Black Death The Dancing Mania by Justus Friedrich Carl Hecker on my Kindle.

*Added later: once I'd downloaded them I found that these two were, in fact, the same book (they cost me nothing, though, so it didn't matter).

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian Clegg said...

I do worry about you sometimes, Clare. Seriously, if any of these count as popular science and you are writing them up, I'd love to include them on www.popularscience.co.uk (plus any other sciency books you might read!)

Sat Jun 09, 02:13:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

I certainly shall, Brian! Thank you!

Sat Jun 09, 06:17:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home