Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Happy Christmas Kindle

Thanks to Hodmandods Major and Majorette my Kindle is now sporting a new festive jacket,


and now, thanks to the Kindle sale on Amazon, I have spent a happy morning sampling a few books before deciding to download them at 99 pence a shot:

The Very Thought of You by Rosie Alison,


Notes from an Exhibition by Patrick Gale,


A Long, Long Way by Sebastian Barry,


and two non-fiction books from Caroline Taggart: Classical Education


and My Grammar and I

because I start every new year with ideas of self-improvement.

New titles come up every day for the 12 days of Christmas. I resisted yesterday, but today proved too much.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marly Youmans said...

You are a very great reader, Clare! I am always impressed by how much you have underway--and wondering if I will have more reading time when child no. 3 graduates from high school in 3.5 years...

Merry 3rd day of Christmas!

Tue Dec 27, 03:18:00 pm  
Blogger Maxine Clarke said...

It is so hard to resist buying Kindle books, isn't it?! I now have a separate wishlist called "kindle queue" and instead of clicking to buy I force myself to click into that wish list. Though I am sure I miss out on these cheap deals in doing so (but at least my real kindle queue is smaller!).
I like the new cover, very jazzy and a nice contrast with the somewhat drab reading experience colours.

Tue Dec 27, 03:21:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

I always feel I have so much to catch up, Marly! When I was a teenager I read science-fiction, almost exclusively, and didn't ever study English Literature, even at O level. I have come to realise I never shall read all the books I want to read - but I'm going to keep on trying.

That sounds a good idea, Maxine. I read about a man that hoarded books on Kindle. I've not yet reached that stage, but I think I could, quite easily.

Tue Dec 27, 05:16:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home