Thursday, September 15, 2011

Weekend books for Edinburgh

I am going to the Society of Authors Conference in Edinburgh tomorrow. It is strange how often this happens. I never go to a place in my life before, and then find I go to it twice in a year. In May I passed though Edinburgh station, and now I go again.


Today I have been trying to do some work, do some chores and am now packing. It is all made more complicated by the fact that it is a Chester Writers meeting tonight. I feel rushed because I always leave things until the last minute.

However, as I charge my macbook, iphone and camera I have just time to mention the two books I'm taking: chosen because they are both small and yet will keep me occupied, fiction (BBC National Short Story Award shortlist 2010 edited by James Naughtie) and non-fiction (Choice by Renata Salecl).

I also have Margaret Atwood's Oryx and Crake on my ipod, so I shall be happily entertained.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home