Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cup cakes for Hay.

The cakes are done! They took hours, and to be honest not entirely sure they're worth it.


They are a little more intensely coloured than this - the light has washed them out a bit - but the picture on the top is supposed to be a green field with a yellow poplar tree. It's symbolic.


Anyway - there are 46 all told (there were more - but Hodmandod Senior had to taste-test twice) and apparently they taste all right so now I just have to figure out a way of packing them for Hay.

I'm thinking that for my launch I think I revert to the usual fruit cake.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Debra Hamel said...

Looks great! Good luck tomorrow. Ship one over here if you have any left.

Sat May 29, 10:51:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thanks Debra! Shall do ;)

Sat May 29, 11:14:00 pm  
Blogger Susanna said...

Good luck on your endeavors. School is out here and I am catching up on my reading and friends. I think I just gained 5 pounds looking at your cup cakes!

I am going to read up and see what Hay is referring to. Our family has a hay farm, doesn't that sound pleasant! hahaaa

Mon May 31, 01:43:00 am  
Anonymous Mary said...

They look delicious, Clare. Have a great time at Hay!

Mon May 31, 04:33:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thanks Susanna! Yes, I think these cakes are a bit fattening - but virtual cakes are very good for you. :-)

Mon May 31, 02:38:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thanks to you too, Mary! It was fun - excellent weather too - makes all the difference.

Mon May 31, 02:39:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home