Thursday, May 27, 2010

Planning my cakes for Hay

Since I have now finished the latest spate of editing I am planning the making of some lemon cup cakes for Hay. At last, on Sunday - after a three year wait - I shall actually see my book! It's been a long hard slog over the last few weeks making the films and generally planning everything, but I think it will be worth it. And I want to celebrate!

In the past I have made a big fruit cake for my launch but this time, since it is summer and may be quite warm, I thought I'd have something lighter.

First I thought of the decoration: pale green and yellow fondant icing representing meadows and trees and inspired by the cover. Then, since I have yellow in the decoration I thought the cake could be lemon, with lemon buttercream to 'glue' on the fondant - and I have just found an appropriate recipe on the web.

So...tomorrow I am going to make 36 lemon cupcakes with lemon buttercream icing with my book's motif on the top. If this works there will be pictures.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Debra Hamel said...

Waiting for the pictures, Clare. Vicarious cupcaking.

Sat May 29, 01:31:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Heh, heh, It's just up!

Sat May 29, 07:06:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home