Thursday, May 27, 2010

Planning my cakes for Hay

Since I have now finished the latest spate of editing I am planning the making of some lemon cup cakes for Hay. At last, on Sunday - after a three year wait - I shall actually see my book! It's been a long hard slog over the last few weeks making the films and generally planning everything, but I think it will be worth it. And I want to celebrate!

In the past I have made a big fruit cake for my launch but this time, since it is summer and may be quite warm, I thought I'd have something lighter.

First I thought of the decoration: pale green and yellow fondant icing representing meadows and trees and inspired by the cover. Then, since I have yellow in the decoration I thought the cake could be lemon, with lemon buttercream to 'glue' on the fondant - and I have just found an appropriate recipe on the web.

So...tomorrow I am going to make 36 lemon cupcakes with lemon buttercream icing with my book's motif on the top. If this works there will be pictures.


Anonymous Debra Hamel said...

Waiting for the pictures, Clare. Vicarious cupcaking.

Sat May 29, 01:31:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Heh, heh, It's just up!

Sat May 29, 07:06:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home