Monday, March 02, 2009

Shed Slippers

Despite the radiator and the insulated floor my feet still get cold when I work in my shed. So yesterday when I saw these


in the National Trust shop I decided to buy them. In the flaps on top of the instep and under the soles are small bags of wheat and lavender.

Their official name is 'Feet Warmers', but I prefer 'Hot Sox' or maybe 'Shed Slippers'...or maybe 'Those-Useless-Things-That-Don't-Work' - I shall see.

After a minute in the microwave with a cup of water the little bags are ready to be inserted into the slipper. Result: warm (and perfumed) feet. Or so I hope. I doubt that I'll be able to walk around in them very much, but since I shall be at my desk this will not matter. As soon as I have road tested them I shall report back.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh do, I often suffer with cold feet, especially when writing, so I'd definitely be interested. In either the foot warming or the parfum.

Mon Mar 02, 09:37:00 am  
Blogger aliholli said...

Welcome to the "Cold Extremities Club". I suffer from cold hands and cold feet(poor Mike, how DOES he sleep with me?) and have various varieties of those, hand warmers(the pouches fit in your gloves or pockets, great when out with the dog)(Mike wants some for on the crickret boundary!)and a wheat elephant(hot water bottle)(ish)to name two. They dont last long but they ARE good x

Mon Mar 02, 04:07:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Well, I've tried them out and I don't think I'd recommend to be honest. It's really difficult to distribute the wheat evenly so you get cold spots. I think maybe you'd be better off with Ali's wheat elephant hot water bottle to be honest. They are pretty and they do smell very nicely however.

Mon Mar 02, 07:55:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

And Ali - I'm sure they work very well in the pocket - maybe I'll try them there instead!

Mon Mar 02, 08:04:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Insulated slippers really appeal to me as I have (very) large and cold feet - but I am glad you don't recommend these as they seem rather twee and cute-sy, especially the wheat and lavender. I found some pull-on soft Totes in the xmas sales that do a good job, but I have worn them constantly and now (2 March) the soles are worn out. They are lovely because you don't feel you have anything on your feet but they keep them warm. Unfortunately, they seem to be discontinued (hence sale?) so the neverending search continues....

Mon Mar 02, 09:38:00 pm  
Blogger aliholli said...

My elephant "hoddy woddy boddy" smells like porridge! But hey I like elephants!

Tue Mar 03, 02:52:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

So do I, Ali!

Sun Mar 08, 01:15:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home