Monday, April 09, 2007

LadyLumps,Comfort Writing, Third Eyes... and Everything Else.

I would like to recommend the following:

1. Twitches's clip from Alanis Morrisette.
2. Mumpsimus's excellent essay on comfort writing (complete with very interesting and intelligent discussion following (to which I also made a contribution but unfortunately blogger swallowed it whole so it is now forever lost to the world)).
3. Snail Tales's news of a snail with three eyes.
4. And BLDGBLOG's interview with the polymath Walter Murch. This is stunning in scope and reminds me somewhat of W G Sebald's work. Quite fascinating.

4 Comments:

Blogger Marly Youmans said...

A snail with three eyes... Can one really recommend it to the snail? I shall have to see.

Mon Apr 09, 03:40:00 pm  
Blogger Lee said...

The Murch inteview is indeed fascinating, isn't it? My daughter owns his book. Now I think I must read the Ondaatje Conversations.

Mon Apr 09, 04:19:00 pm  
Blogger Marly Youmans said...

The interesting "smells" piece has no comments enabled, Clare--did you see?

I shall have glass news day after tomorrow!

Tue Apr 10, 02:12:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thnaks Marly. Looking forward tto the glass....

Tue Apr 10, 09:18:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home