Thursday, August 17, 2006

Haiku Competition.

Debra Hamel on book blog has a haiku competition. The prize is a book by Francine Prose. I am jealous of her name. The book sounds excellent so I'm having a go.

However I suggest you don't because the less competition there is, the better, in my view.

Anyway, here is my haiku.

Sometimes my prose wilts:
nothing I do revives it.
Time to press delete.


The modern haiku has seventeen syllables, usually 5, 7, 5 - just for those who are as forgetful as me. Not that you need to know, of course, if you're not going to enter.

The closing date is 31st August. So there's absolutely no time left, anyway.

And the haiku has to contain the word 'prose' in it somewhere, which is incredibly difficult, really. So I shouldn't bother. Honestly.
Link

5 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Looks interesting - ahem - I mean ... it doesn't look interesting in the least!

Fri Aug 18, 08:31:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2nd attempt. I posted this in the wrong place. Apologies. I need an early night.
" She writes prose upstairs
in a bedroom in the dark
while the street lights glow"
AS I said I'm blogless so cant enter this but felt like a go. Haven't written haiku before and it probably shows...But the haiku is true because that's what Ive been doing...

Fri Aug 18, 10:18:00 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

That's quite lovely, Poppy!

Sat Aug 19, 01:34:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said, Susan!

Poppy - I'm going to enter this on your behalf to Debra's competition. Meanwhile if you do feel like getting your own blog it's very easy. Go back onto my page and at the top, in the blue bar, you will see 'Get your own blog' and follow what it says - it's fairly straightforward. Any problems please send me a line - there's an email address on the author page of my website (top link on previous page)...and pleased to meet you!

Sat Aug 19, 05:38:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CB: Heh heh - hope your lack of interest doesn't make you do anything rash...no more haikus

Jerseygirl: hello and thank you!

Sat Aug 19, 05:41:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home