Friday, June 23, 2006

The Lampeter Blog - Part 5

The week ended in bright sun shine and singing - which seems pretty natural for a course in Welsh. Everyone was in great voice and of course we sang in parts. The songs were pretty good - action songs about plucking a hen which incorporated the parts of the body - and a kind of hokey-kokey, so we be came familiar with 'up' and 'down', 'backwards' and 'forwards'. Excellent stuff. I kept thinking this is good, I am sure I am learning a lot here, but now I can't think of anything. This happens a lot, I find. I think I know stuff but when someone asks me to say anything I am immediately tongue-tied. Ah well, I guess the only answer is to keep practising...

I am now looking forward to having a rest over the weekend ready to start again on Monday. One of the members on the course is doing an MA in archeology next year and has been on a dig in a place called Strata Florida - which I have heard of before. She is going to show me where this is and other places nearby that are of historical interest. I shall be taking my camera of course, and intend to make a full illustrated report when I return at the end of next week.

I still can't get onto my email. I have no idea why not. I think it must be something to do with the university firewall. I had no trouble at all accessing it from the Patagonian Andes - but deepest Ceredigion is another matter entirely.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

It sounds like you are having a mind-fest! Enjoy! and remember!

Sat Jun 24, 01:59:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to more of your updates Clare.
best,
crimeficreader

Mon Jun 26, 12:54:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Chief biscuit and crimeficreader - yes, wonderful this blogging - if only I could load up pictures...but saving it all up for when I'm back. I love this way of recording my life.

Mon Jun 26, 08:29:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home