Thursday, April 13, 2006

Joyce Vincent

I think this is one of the saddest things I have ever read.

I believe that each individual deserves to be remembered by someone. This woman was in a refuge and presumably escaping from a life she found unbearable. Perhaps she wanted to disappear but I find the thought that someone could die alone like this and not be missed by anyone at all for over three years quite tragic.

The report has been extended since I wrote this. The dates are not clear and the picture changes but is no less tragic. I am glad to see that she had sisters so they will remember her - in happier times, I hope, before she slipped through the net.

Added in December 2011. I am delighted to hear that a film (Dreams of a Life) has been made about Joyce Vincent. There is more information here. It sounds excellent.
Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home