Saturday, October 08, 2005

Book Search at Basingstoke.


Here is the window display at Ottakars in Basingstoke promoting WORDFEST. On the way to the Willis Museum I went inside hoping to find a copy of my book - subject of my talk at the museum today - but there was not one copy. I had a word with the manager but apparently they do not stock all books for the festival since there are too many. When I got home looked through the programme and did a quick count - 20 recently published books (at most) are featured.


My book was not in Waterstones either. Less than six months after it came out in paperback my book is nowhere to be seen. This is disappointing.

However my talk at the Willis went well with lots of interesting questions, and a very good ploughmans lunch prepared for the customers by staff at the museum which was much appreciated...and I sold a few of the books I'd brought with me on the eight hour return train journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home